Sunday, March 10, 2013

oF mY dReAmS

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” 
― Dr. Seuss
I hope this quote holds true for my life someday.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” 
― H. Jackson Brown Jr.
This sounds simple, but it is so profound! I like how he made it a comparison to sailing; it really provides a clear visual/understanding of what he's trying to get across. Although I haven't been alive long enough to really have LIVED yet, I already see that this quote holds true in my life. This age is such a critical turning point for us as students! Recently, I have chosen to undergo some drastic leaps of faith. However, I am confident, and know of a surety that I HAVE made the right decision and that I will not regret this particular 'leap' I have chosen.

Quoting two amazing authors: 
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” 
― C.S. Lewis
I agree with this 100% and I feel that it is crucial for us to remember this even as we grow older. You are never too old to dream!
However, compare it to this quote:
“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” 
― J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
I also agree with THIS quote 100%. We mustn't live only in our dream-worlds we create for ourselves. For although they may be beautiful and exciting and wonderful -exactly what we think we need, they do not allow for CHANGE; for LIFE. 
These two quote may almost seem to clash, but I don't think so. Lewis is talking about steps -goals -that we set and achieve in order to reach a dream. (A 'dream' in this case meaning something we've been training, working, LIVING to reach.) Whereas Rowling is simply reminding us to LIVE LIFE while we can and not to get so caught up in ourselves and our hopes. 

You want all your wildest dreams to come true? Go out there, and MAKE. IT. HAPPEN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment